Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Orchestra For The Moon


I talked about Jenn Grant back in December and told you all I'd keep you updated about her first full length. Today, I follow through on that promise. Orchestra For The Moon is out May 15th in Canada and June 15th below the 49th for the 50 United. The release is the first out on Paris 1919 Records, a new label from Jason MacIsaac of the Heavy Blinkers. They'll also be re-issuing the first Blinks album Hooray For Everything, and presumably the band's new double LP Health.

I like the label already, if simply because it shares the name of one of my favourite books. A necessary read for everyone along the lines of the old chalkboard adage. The tracklisting for Orchestra For The Moon is:

1- Morning Break
2- Dreamer
3- Dancin' in the Wind
4- Unique New York
5- Make It Home Tonight
6- In A Brown House
7- Don't Worry Baby
8- Britt n' Kip
9- At The Finish Line
10-Sound of Success
11-Rainy Day
12-White Horses
13-Blue Skies

Jenn has the new track, Make It Home Tonight, streaming on her myspace. It certainly won't dampen your enthusiasm for the new album (mine either, I'm really enjoying it). Certainly pop by for a listen or two.

For those on the East coast, Jenn is doing a few record release shows at the end of April and early May. On a selfish note I hope she comes through Ontario promptly.

Jenn Grant - Dreamer (mp3)

No comments: