Thursday, March 01, 2007

The RIAA took my baby away

Funny thing happened Tuesday, my file hosting service, mydatabus.com, was instructed to shut down my account by the RIAA due to copywrite infringement. Ie. illegally offered mp3's,

I'm honoured that this small little blog has managed to catch the attention of the big man, but as such, it causes a slight problem in offering music to you folks out there. You'll notice that most links to songs are now dead. Hopefully I'll get things re-upped as fast as possible. I'm searching for a new service. Mydatabus was a pretty decent free service that offered a 20gb daily bandwidthh that was more than adequate for our humble needs and audience. Their new free version offers only 1gb of daily bandwidth which is far from what I need, even their paid option offers considerably less bandwidth than they once did.

If anyone knows of a decent file hosting service (decent amount of bandwidth, no more than $20/30 month if not free) than feel free to point me in the right direction. Any other bloggers out there who have run into this problem recently/know anyone going through the same?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup, just happened to me today.
sucks ass. i haven't found a better host for my files since mydatabus and now all my links are dead.

Anonymous said...

Probably revenge for your poke at James Blunt on your Grammy post.

Hope you're back up soon.

Anonymous said...

Why do you support RIAA artists to begin with?

Denton said...

What's up man, I'm digging the site,and I think I have a solution to your problem...

We (www.bornbytheriver.com) are about to switch to http://www.ixwebhosting.com/ - heard nothing but good things about it. 200 gb for like $3.95 monthly...

Hope that helps.

Jason said...

I've been using http://www.dot5hosting.com for a couple of years now and they've been outstanding. They continually upgrade their file storage and bandwidth, without me having to ask or do anything, they're rock solid, the support is decent, and at $4.95 a month, they're dirt cheap.

I started with 5 gigs space and 80 gigs bandwidth a month, and after less than 2 years I'm now up to 200 gigs storage and 2000 gigs (yes, 2 terabytes!) of bandwidth a month. This is their standard offering, and they are almost sure to up it over time. For $5 a month, you can't beat it.